The main responsibility is the delivery of training/assessment to promote learning and improve outcomes for learners in line with the key responsibilities outlined below.
Key responsibilities have been aligned to the company Teaching and Learning Strategy and the handbook for the inspection of further education and skills.
* To provide outstanding and rarely less than consistently good teaching, learning and assessment for all age groups and learning programmes that may take place in a variety of locations, such as the classroom, workplace or wider community.
* To ensure that a large majority of learners consistently make very good and sustained progress in learning sessions.
* To be highly adept at working with and developing skills and knowledge in learners from different backgrounds.
* To have excellent subject knowledge and/or industry experience to be able to set challenging tasks based on systematic, accurate assessment of learners’ prior skills, knowledge and understanding.
* Be able to use well-judged and often imaginative teaching strategies that, together with sharply focused and timely support and intervention, match individual needs accurately.
* To be able to set appropriate and regular coursework, high quality learning materials and resources including information and communication technology.
* To be able to mark and provide constructive feedback that is frequency and of a consistent quality.
* To be able to deliver a high level of Functional Skills (Maths, English and Information Communication Technology (ICT) support and qualifications and be able to successfully embed them into all teaching/assessing activity.
* To ensure that equality and diversity are fully integrated into the learning experience.
* To manage the safeguarding of learners and report incidents using the safeguarding procedure when required.
* To be able to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to motivate learners to secure the best possible opportunities for success in their learning and progression.
Qualifications & Training
* Possess appropriate vocational qualifications in business
* Be committed to continuous professional development
* Hold an Assessor award or be working toward e.g. CAVA
* Hold a relevant teaching certificate e.g. PTTLS, PGCE, Certificate in Education
* Level 2 Functional Skills (English, Maths and ICT) or equivalent
* Have a minimum of 3 years occupational experience be able to demonstrate a high level of practical skill in the sector relevant to teaching area.
* Ideally experience of working within a recruitment team.
* Have experience of supervision of training in an educational or workplace environment.
* Have experience of undertaking assessments in training provider and in the workplace.
* Have experience of NVQs/QCFs/Apprenticeship delivery in the relevant sector.
* Have relevant industrial experience.
* Be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in order to meet the challenges and demands of the role.
* Demonstrate behaviour consistent with Company values
* References which are satisfactory to the Company
* Evidence of qualification certificates
* Be willing to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check
Our Head Office is in Newton Aycliffe and Tutors will be required to work at various locations within the Northeast and a car user is an essential part of the criteria.
Salary negotiable depending on previous skills and experience