Architecture Design Team Leader
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a GBP1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Solutions Architect focused on Microsoft Azure, you’ll be part of the Architecture Design Team, the Solutions Design unit, and also the virtual Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE). In this role you’ll be the first port of call for enabling customers to use Azure cloud services.
You’ll continually demonstrate the skills and abilities of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Azure principles, including the pillars of architecture excellence and the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure. In addition, you’ll continue to develop your skills, expertise and knowledge in the design of hybrid and cloud-based solutions and architectures. Take responsibility for producing high quality design documentation (Technical Options Papers, High Level Designs, diagrams, Statements of Work etc.) when required within a given project or customer engagement.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for working with the Public Cloud Professional Services team and wider CCoE team, providing a bridge between design and deployment, as well as educate, coach and train the sales community around Azure best practices and help them position the correct architectures to meet customer challenges.
What we need from you
- To possess either Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect or Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps certifications at expert-level, or have the associate-level equivalents with a keen drive to achieve the expert level (please upload a copy of your certification when you apply)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, Active Directory and Windows and experience of migrating them to the Cloud
- Strong track record of pre-sales activity from an architectural perspective
- You should be able to demonstrate awareness of on-premise infrastructure technologies and how these map to Azure constructs to enable smooth transitions for customers who are migrating
- Awareness of Serverless technologies and how developers can use these to build scalable and robust services and applications
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements, and business needs
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively; excellent time management skills and attention to detail; an ability to present complex information effectively through presentations and whiteboarding
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs – there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits??? it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact directly if you require a full JD