We are looking for a Beaches Travel Specialist based in South West London. You will take responsibility for all existing and future clients experiences for our client, from making the moment clients initially contact us through the various channels, arranging and confirming their trip, making contact upon their return, and setting up the next experience.
Using in-depth knowledge of the destination, personal insight and using the full resource of our client, the service delivered should be consistently exceptional. This is measured through an ability to covert enquiries into profitable sales and deliver against expectations of consistently high client satisfaction and promote repeat business.
Each specialist with ideally have knowledge of one or more of the following destinations:
- European Beach
- Respond to all new sales enquires within 2 hours, be they received via email, online, LiveChat or via telephone message.
- To answer all telephone calls expediently, professionally, and politely, including those overflowing from other teams.
- At the earliest opportunity, to call clients who have requested a brochure with a view to nurturing this initial enquiry into an active sales lead.
- To create an enquiry in Travel Studio for all new sales leads.
- To proactively ensure familiarity with all products in your region – most specially those promoted on the client’s website, in brochures, magazines and any other marketing collateral, including special offers.
- To routinely attend product training sessions, including participating on company sponsored Educational trips.
- Complete the relevant Educational pre and post trip paperwork, including the preparation and delivery of a presentation to your team and the office.
- Use effective questioning techniques to effectively establish client requirements and then use your product knowledge to create a bespoke itinerary, matching these established preferences and requirements.
- Ensure that itinerary proposals, with quote, are produced and delivered to the client withing 24hrs – if this is not possible, then the client must be kept up to date with progress.
- Prepare quotes within the acceptable margin parameters as set out by the management team.
- To maintain an efficient, professional, and friendly relationship with the client throughout the booking process. Maintain regular contact with clients (and travel agents) to keep them informed of progress and the status of booking, including updating on developments.
- To call the clients pre-travel (2/3 days) and post-travel (2/3 days) to seek feedback, pre-empt any problems and maintain a courteous relationship.
- Encourage the client to compete a post-travel questionnaire, ideally resulting in at least 50% of clients doing so.
- Take responsibility for any post-travel problem solving in a professional, expedient, and diplomatic manner, always looking to exceed expectations and deliver total client satisfaction.
Administration / Operation Procedures
- Load all enquiries accurately in Travel Studio – including names/ addresses/marketing codes/travel plans/other relevant information.
- Take responsibility for all flight reservations via GDS (Galilieo), creating and maintain PNRs. Use knowledge of fares to ensure that the correct fare is filed and that ticketing deadlines are observed. Ensure that any amendments or cancellations are communicated to maintain accurate and up-to-date files and minimise financial loss.
Revenue & Profitability
- Proactively manage the progress of itineraries from initial quote through to bookings and repeat business – specifically following-up all itinerary proposals sent to clients to ensure maximum conversions to bookings to maximise revenue and profit. This involves the very deliberate application of sales techniques.
- Be aware of individual and team sales targets, always working to ensure these are achieved or exceeded.
- Maximise margin through adherence to the set margin guidelines and eliminate mistakes through the precise use of Travel Studio.
- Ensure that client balance payments are received 8 weeks before departure (or as soon as practical about late bookings).
- When including international air travel in an itinerary, pay particular attention to the fare rules and ticketing deadlines, always ensuring payments has been received to cover associated costs.
- Attend supplier presentations and functions when required to maintain up to date product knowledge.
- Identify errors and discrepancies in supplier reconfirmation to ensure that all information sent and/or advised to clients is correct.
- Adhere to hours of work as the company requires, maintaining optimum cover for client enquiries.
- Promote a professional impression of the client through an appropriate dress code.
- Meet client and colleague expectations by maintaining a professionally consistent attitude towards your work.
- Ensure that your work area is kept clear and tidy.
The salary for this position is £26,000 plus incentive plan and benefits, working hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30 or 09:30 – 18:00. Saturday working on a rota basis (average 8 per year).
Please follow the instructions to apply, attaching your CV. For further questions please contact the team on (phone number removed) or (url removed)