Do you have experience in business continuity?
Are you confident in communicating effectively to a varied audience?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a role which encourages security awareness?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
Government security is undergoing a step-change, and it’s an exciting time to be a part of it. As part of HMG’s security community, you will be delivering and improving how we manage internal security and risk in a complex and changing environment. You will be part of the wider Government Security Profession; a community with a mandate to establish transformation, and responsibility for an entirely new security model.
This is a role within Corporate Security within the Group Assurance and Digital Directorate, reporting to the Deputy Security Advisor and working closely with the Senior Security Advisor and the wider DfTc family as appropriate.
The successful candidate will work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to ensure the development, implementation and validation of Business Continuity measures at business unit and organisational level. The candidate will also work across the wider DfTc family as appropriate, to develop, deliver and validate a resilient yet flexible Business Continuity Management capability. Robust communication skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise is key; strong literacy skills are a must, as is a keen eye for detail.
From cyber to terrorism threats, you will help assess risks for DfTc, the wider family, and across Government to protect Civil Servants and the public we serve. You will help maintain critical security services to preserve exceptional standards of deliver. With the drive and passion to make a real difference to the security of the UK as well as access to high-quality training, as part of Corporate Security, you can build a rewarding, challenging and varied career.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Providing coaching, development and performance management of direct report, supporting a high-performing team.
• Leading and enabling the delivery of Business Continuity on behalf of DfTc and the wider family (DfT’s Agencies, Public Bodies and Industry organisations).
• Leading the adoption and implementation of appropriate/proportionate Business Continuity plans – policies, processes and guidance – with input from internal and external stakeholders as required. Ensure all communication channels are updated and maintained.
• Supporting the Senior Security Advisor (SSA) and Deputy Security Advisor (DSA) with requirements capturing, commissioning and monitoring of Business Continuity plans provided by the Departmental directorates.
• Enabling the adoption and implementation of effective security risk management and appropriate risk mitigation.
• Participate in the rota for the Incident Control Officer (in hours).
• Maintaining role-specific qualifications as required.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience in developing and delivering Business Continuity Management.
You thrive when working interactively with internal and external stakeholders in matters relating to Business Continuity.
You have excellent communication skills and can tailor your approach to suit a varied audience.
You show resilience and are confident to have difficult conversations and taking control of challenging situations.
You can work at pace in a highly reactive environment to meet sometimes, conflicting deadlines.
We are different people, one team