Buyer – Goods & Services
We have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join our Procurement Team, working for a telecoms company in Theale.
The Buyer role will support the scoping, sourcing, negotiating, contracting and supplier management activities required for us to realise best value from third party spend whilst managing risk appropriately, with a particular focus on IT and Professional Services.
The Buyer will have a broad exposure to the end-to-end S2P process for goods and services required by various departments to help them deliver their strategic objectives, including the scoping of business requirements, implementation of sourcing events and value generation strategies and the management of contract negotiations.
There will also be exposure to 3rd party process improvement, project management, data analysis and presentation of recommendations to enable us to formulate and make strategic procurement decisions.
Support the Head of Procurement to produce suitable internal and external communications as needed, including communication distribution, response management and tracking.
Responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers. Supplier Management & Onboarding
- Support the on-boarding process ensuring supplier assessment, risk & compliance in terms of adhering to anti-bribery laws, Health & Safety environment compliance etc. is satisfactory.
- Regular supplier performance reviews to maintain consistent standards and identify improvements where possible.
- Support the provision of supplier performance metrics which will assist management in making strategic supplier related decisions. Aid and support management decisions on Supplier selection and retention.
- Negotiate both new and renewal commercial contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure the service, quality, added value, total cost of ownership, security of supply and supplier’s deployment are secured, and risks and issues are mitigated. Develop robust negotiation plans with business partners for procurement negotiations. Gather and apply leading edge procurement negotiation thinking and practice across the organization
- Manage and run the RFX processes from inception through to continuation into contract management ensuring the processes have been carried out diligently and rigorously.
- Execute contracts in line with delegated authority and conduct potentially contentious or difficult debriefs with unsuccessful suppliers.
- Report and track all proposed and active initiatives and when services and agreements need to be renewed – including financial benefits and all risks & issues. Where suppliers work across numerous business Categories develop collaborative mechanisms with Category Purchasing managers to ensure total supplier input is monitored, tracked and managed as desired. Support reporting on cost reduction, removal and avoidance, supplier documentation validity, contract expiration etc, as required.
The successful Buyer will have:
- Strong commercial & relationship management skills.
- Previous experience in dealing with internal stakeholders and external organisations.
- Experience in a Procurement and/or Supplier Management environment would be a bonus as would experience in supporting RFx processes to aide in selection of our suppliers.
To apply for the Buyer please send your CV to (see below)
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.