Boden Group are recruiting for a Category Manager to join a market-leading Fleet Management business. The role offers a hybrid working model, with some site and office travel based in Birmingham.
* Implement procurement policies, processes and procedures to help build business capability.
* Develop and implement commercial sourcing strategies and delivering cost reductions across Fleet Category.
* Manage key supplier relationships for long-term strategic partnering
* Support internal stakeholders with key supplier performance reviews to help build business capability.
* Develop a detailed knowledge of the category, the suppliers and key cost drivers in order to take advantage of opportunities.
* Provide an expert point of contact for internal stakeholders at all levels up to Board
* Manage change by effective procurement leadership through utilisation of the organisation’s principles
* Responsible for the development and implementation of purchasing and supply chain strategies in order to manage supply chain risk
* Ensure that the total cost of acquisition of goods and services are considered and optimised, and that potential supply chain risks are formally identified, minimised and mitigated.
* Engagement of key stakeholders across the businesses, and development of strategies through an inclusive, team approach
* Development and implementation of a category specific savings plan – Drive the implementation of savings projects and monitor them through a governance process
* 3-5 years of Procurement experience, ideally from a Fleet background
* CIPS Qualified (or studying)
* Category manager experience
* Experience managing difficult stakeholders
If this role sounds of interest, please apply below