My client is a Global engineering company specialise in the design & manufacture of bespoke Offshore & Marine solutions and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Consultant Naval Architect to join their team and develop, grow and manage the consultancy business of my client.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and the Senior Technical Director to ensure the highest calibre of technical delivery on all projects;
- Liaising with clients on their projects;
- Act as effective Deputy Senior Technical Director and cover the position during any period of absence.
- Ensure delivery of high quality documents on time and budget;
- Ensure suitable staff are allocated to tasks and providing additional training and support where required;
- Provide technical lead as appropriate to consultancy assignments;
- Ensuring software standards are maintained;
- Managing resource allocation/usage;
- Assisting with R & D activities;
- Assisting and/or providing input to tenders;
- Assist with recruitment of engineering staff;
- Maintain Company’s engineering reputation in the market place.
- PHd, Msc or Degree in Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering
- Have extensive experience in a Naval Architect / Senior role
- Experienced in the use of Ansys, Ariane, Hydrostar, Orcaflex, GHS, Python software packages
- Have relevant experience designing structures
- Be able to prioritise workloads efficiently
- Be good with people of differing levels
This is a full time, permanent opportunity and the chance to join a company at a very exciting time of huge growth. The salary is negotiable dependant on experience and there is an option to base yourself at their Ipswich Head Office or the London satellite office. If this position is of interest then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss in more detail.