If you are interested in playing your part in managing key contracts for Air, Sea, Land or Strategic Enabling Projects then this opportunity is for you!
This is an excellent way to begin or continue your career in the Civil Service.
Whilst you will already be skilled as a Contract Management Specialist, the career path within the Commercial Function will enable you to develop the full range of commercial skills used in the organisation.
We provide an array of training and other development opportunities to help our employees develop their skills and experience for a great career supporting the Armed Forces.
We also promote and support a range of flexible working patterns enabling colleagues to balance home and work responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Contract Management Specialist
Responsibilities of a Contract Management Specialist in DE&S/SDA may include:
* Placing and managing contracts and contract amendments up to a maximum delegation of GBP2.5M in accordance with the Ministry of Defence policy
* Conduct supplier performance management, including supporting improving sustainability and social responsibility
* Conducting assurance and due diligence of commercial activity within own area of responsibility in order to provide confidence in commercial outcomes
* Contributing to wider Commercial Function and business improvement activities.
* Communicating in a timely manner with a range of internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership, suppliers and Subject Matter Experts from other specialisms
* Requirement to manage, coach and develop Assistant Commercial Officers and Commercial Assistants
You will be part of the Commercial Function of around 1000 people who provide independent professional judgement on commercial and procurement business specialising in contract management; management of commercial risk; and compliance with legislation, including public procurement regulations.
Please note that some of the positions available will be reserved for UK Nationals only and some successful applicants may need to be able to pass Developed Vetting clearance.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
Click Apply Now for more information