Cyber Security Engineer Apprenticeship
Egham, Surrey (remote working)
GK Apprenticeships is recruiting on behalf of Spectris PLC, a leading provider of high-tech instruments, test equipment and software for many of the world’s most technically demanding industrial applications.
Through a combination of hardware, and analytical and simulation software, they provide superior data and invaluable insights that enable customers to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
GK Apprenticeships are now looking for two Cyber Security Engineer Apprentices to join Spectris PLC for a 24-month apprenticeship, with a potential start date of the mid to end of September 2021.
As a Cyber Security Engineer Apprentice, you will learn all there is to know about cyber security through a broad range of tasks, including the day-to-day administration of cybersecurity tools and devices, support for security information and event management (SIEM) and distribution of appropriate threat intelligence.
You will aim to provide assurance in security operation and engineering, as well as staying current to potential threats. In your daily work, you will interact with a broad range of people from within the Spectris Group and externally, including suppliers and customers, technical specialists, non-specialists, peers and senior representatives.
Building knowledge of the Group’s operating systems and security applications, as well as network protocols and tools, you will also be required to perform vulnerability testing and risk assessments to identify system risks.
Reporting to the Group Cyber Security Director, you will learn how to:
– Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications
– Perform system security administration on designated technology platforms
– Perform configuration management of security systems and applications
– Monitor security vulnerability information from vendors and third parties
– Analyses and evaluates security threats and hazards to a system or service or processes
– Locate and repair security problems and failures
– Provide cyber incident response support
– Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
– Research, recommend, evaluate and implement cybersecurity solutions that identify and/or protect against potential threats, and respond to security violations
– Compile various security reports
– Identify opportunities for improvement
What do I need?
To be considered as a Cyber Security Engineer Apprentice, you will need:
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– The ability to professionally handle confidential matters
– A high degree of initiative and dependability
A completed Level 3 Apprenticeship within IT and/or A Levels or BTEC in a similar subject (ICT, Computer Science, etc.) are desirable, but not essential.
If you are considering a career in cyber security, this is a great opportunity to gain a good understanding through a vital, hands-on experience, whilst being part of, and learning from, a skilled and successful team.
Not only will you gain a valuable apprenticeship qualification, subject to the Spectris Groups business needs at the time of successful completion, they will endeavour to look for relevant opportunities in IT Security within their operating companies.
What are the benefits?
– Salary of £24,000 – £28,000 per annum
– Continuous training and development
– Gain hands-on industry experience in cyber security
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 1st September 2021, with interviews scheduled for Thursday 9th September 2021. Interviews will be held in our client’s London office.
These positions are full-time working 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, from 8.30am to 5.30pm, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we reserve the right to close the role early should a sufficient number be received. As such, we would encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Cyber Security Engineer Apprentice, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.