Our client based in the Gainsborough area are looking for a Delegated Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Our client is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances.
Reporting to the Logistics Operations Manager, this position provides for the joint supervision of all local site supply administration and inbound supply chain activities.
Primary function is to ensure that all raw materials, goods and services are procured in a timely and cost effective manner in order to ensure continuity of production through controlled raw materials supply and according to the appropriate specifications and European Procedures for goods and services supply.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Procurement of / Call off under contract : Raw materials feedstocks, Packaging, Stationery, Office equipment, Services, consumables etc. and monitoring budgets of same.
• Process purchase orders from requisitions generated by the SAP system for inventory and non-inventory items.
• Assist in the production of monthly forecast updates for captive raw material requirements, 3 month rolling, and issue to central planning by given deadline and apply similar forecast process for external suppliers.
• Ensure that local Departments comply with correct procedures for procurement as laid down by LYB Europe Procedure.
• Maintain updated Departmental Quality Procedures in respect of raw materials procurement, receipt, issue and traceability.
• Produce purchasing reports / statistics as required.
• Responsible for ensuring adequate control for release of requisitions and that correct authorisations are obtained.
• Contract Management for site services including administrative contract support for departmental managers.
• To liaise closely with the Central Procurement Team and implement locally European procurement directives.
• Responsible for obtaining quotations from various suppliers, proposing new suppliers and liaising closely with Central Purchasing.
• Day to day liaison with local plant Production Planners, Maintenance Management and Goods Inwards Team Supervisor.
• Key provider and user of essential business information (i.e., raw material prices, costings, payment terms, contracts and forecasting).
• Receive, monitor and distribute as appropriate enquiries from suppliers and internal personnel.
• Good communication skills.
• Good administrative skills
• Computer literate, SAP R3 and Microsoft Office applications.
• Good numeracy
• Ability to work to deadlines in a busy environment
• Ability to work on own initiative
• High aptitude for attention to detail
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to High School standard.
• Minimum three years’ experience within a Materials Management, Goods and services supply administration environment.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
For more information please call Red Recruitment 24:7