Shropshire based school equipment manufacturer selling directly into schools, but also via local authorities, architects, and builders.
Working closely with the sales team this important role within the business would see you take full responsibility for all pricing activities including the preparation and presentation of quotations.
You would mainly work from pricelists and costing schedules but also liaise with internal members of staff and on occasions suppliers.
Whilst this role would suit someone who has a track record in this field, maybe within the construction or manufacturing sector anyone with good numerical/excel and general IT skills could be trained for this role.
The products are not highly technical but an ability and willingness to learn the product range and to understand materials, finishes, sizes and such like (all different according to product) will be required.
Our client has a small friendly team with excellent facilities and is potentially offering flexible hours/days to suit the right candidate.
Experience and Personal Attributes required:
- Competence in Microsoft Office.
- Very good excel skills.
- Punctual, trustworthy and reliable.
- A methodical, analytical and conscientious approach.
- An understanding of builder’s plans/drawings and an ability to scale an advantage but not essential (can be trained).
- Flexible working hours (part or full time to suit the candidate).
- A pleasant working environment.
- GBP20-24k per annum, negotiable according to experience, training etc.