Simarco Worldwide Logistics is a family owned, award-winning distribution company providing a range of collection and delivery services throughout mainland UK. Established in 1997, we operate a large, wholly owned fleet of vehicles providing nationwide and local distribution.
We currently have a vacancy for a European Import Clerk based in our office in Witham. This is a permanent, full-time role.
Main purpose of the role:
Providing a valuable service in our Operations department, to organise the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods into the country by roadfreight..
* Develop key service relationships with customers for an effective and efficient service
* Develop effective relationships with overseas agents and suppliers
* Raising a job file once the booking has been taken
* Communicate with clients regarding consignment progress
* Complete day to day import documentation including DEFRA declarations
* Calculate duty/VAT costs for individual shipments
* Co-ordinate with customs for clearance on overseas imports
* Ensure customs clearances are obtained quickly
* Ensure the delivery and or collection of goods across Europe
* Book appropriate transport to meet requirements of goods to be transported
* Costing and quoting clients on a daily basis
* Provide complete manifests or delivery notes for use by transport and warehouse staff as required
* Data entry
* Comply with EU and UK regulations and requirements regarding export / import documentation
* Ensure that geographic knowledge is updated frequently to enable efficient and effective use of transport
* Provide assistance and cover in other areas of the operation team as required
* Attend regular reviews of performance and annual appraisal meeting with manager
* Learn and operate our in house ”Azyra” system
* Maintaining accurate administrative records
* Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently
* Full understanding of our ISO/AEO systems
* Any reasonable duty as requested by your line manager or Director
Experience / Skills required:
Two years’ experience of working within an Operations or Transport office.
Ability to work to a deadline essential.
Ability to consolidate cargo in the UK, with a good understanding on how to maximise their trailer payloads.
Must be able to plan loads and have had experience with using weights/cubes.
The candidate must be commercially aware and liaise closely with the sales department, be able to negotiate favourable rates and win business for their trade route.
Good communication skills and high level of customer service.
Ability to work as part of a busy team.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Good communication and organising skills.
Experience with Microsoft packages.
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour per week between 9 a.m. – 5.30 p.m. (this includes a one hour meal break which is unpaid)
Salary and Benefits details:
* Salary up to GBP25k depending on experience
* 30 days annual holiday, including Bank Holidays
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Employee Assistance programme
* On-site parking
* Cycle to work scheme
**No Agencies please