Lorien Global are working in partnership with a large financial services organisation based in Preston with a view to recruit an experienced Actuarial Technician on a 12 month FTC to support an ongoing integration project
The organisation is looking for a dedicated Actuarial Technician to join the Hybrid Production Team within the Actuarial Operations function. The position can be based at either the Telford, Hitchin, Preston or Hove sites and is on a 12 month FTC basis. This vacancy represents an opportunity to join an established life insurance company, within an ever changing environment where you will discover the potential to perform and grow.
In this role as Actuarial Technician within the With Profits Stochastic modelling team, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Producing and reviewing liability results across SII and IFRS metrics using RAFM/Unify.
- Manually calculating reserves where these are done outside of the model.
- Produce analyses of results for different metrics and reconciliations between the different reporting bases.
- Driving continuous improvement in processes to encourage efficiencies and to help accelerate the working day timetable.
Key skills/experience required:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to both peers and senior management
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills to enable collaborative working and effective communication with other teams
- Self-management skills to organise own work and deliver in a timely manner
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Report writing skills
- Solid mathematical aptitude
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age