We are looking for a professional and motivated Finance Analyst who will report into our Senior Financial Analyst to provide support to the finance function with specific focus on P&L robustness and supporting projects where applicable within our Facilities Management business unit.
This is a permanent full time role based in Chorley. The role will be both working from home and visiting the office in Buckshaw. Working for Amey you get 24 days holiday and a company pension as standard.
This role would be an exciting opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in a finance based role who is either studying for CIMA or keen to pursue the CIMA qualification. You will also need to have advanced excel skills including VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and sumifs formulas.
What will this role involve?
- Produce and develop management reporting, understanding trends and providing meaningful information to enable management action to be taken to address areas requiring improvement.
- Provide assistance and support to commercial management through expert data organisation skills utilising pivot tables, lookup formulas, sumifs formulas, data sort and file links.
- Ensure the integrity of financial transaction information held within SAP.
- Utilise SAP transaction detail and data manipulation skills to produce quality information to non-financial operational management.
- Utilise data manipulation and excel skills to assist in the preparation of month end management accounts under the supervision of the contract finance manager, business support manager and senior financial analysts.
- Assist with the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Assist with the production of the monthly site profit and loss accounts by ensuring the robustness of cost allocations.
- Prepare and post month end journals including WIP, Revenue, provisions, accruals and prepayments.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed and key variances are understood and resolved, including appropriate audit trail and support
- Raise and issue client invoices, utilising the client AFP data. Including chasing of cash receipts and provide updates to the senior management and treasury teams.
What are we looking for?
- Pursuing a career in Finance.
- Qualified or Studying or interested in studying CIMA
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar post
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent IT Skills including knowledge of Excel and SAP
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines with a good level quality and understanding.
- Ability to work with numbers comfortably and be numerate.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of GBP2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.