In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 1000 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients’ business controls, shareholder confidence and credibility of their financial statements. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services clients and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping the future of audit.
Mazars is committed to delivering with excellence and demands quality with no compromise in all that it offers to clients. Technical excellence is one of the founding principles that is applied at every level in the firm. This constant search for the highest standards of quality not only serves client satisfaction, business lines improvement and staff development: it is also the best guarantee of the firm’s independence.
To support our staff in delivering quality services the firm recognises the importance of training and its provision in an efficient, timely and engaging manner. Financial reporting training is of particular importance for staff within the Audit and Assurance service line but is relevant to other teams within the firm such as Accounting and Outsourcing and Financial Advisory Services.
Mazars’ audit work is subject to review by the Financial Reporting Council and the Quality Assurance Department (QAD) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The firm’s technical training provision is covered by these regulators’ reviews and hence, the quality of the training must be of the highest level.
Staff are encouraged to take a proactive approach to maintaining and improving their level of knowledge and understanding of relevant accounting frameworks (primarily IFRS and UK GAAP) and narrative reporting requirements. Their continuing professional development is closely monitored and feeds into their performance appraisals.
This role will drive forward the firm’s commitment to quality by creating a Financial Reporting Training team that will take responsibility for the delivery of a programme of financial reporting training courses and ensure the consistency of this training provision across the firm.
?In addition, as Mazars establishes a strong PIE audit business and a thriving advisory practice there is an increasing demand from clients for bespoke financial reporting training sessions. The Financial Reporting Training team will play a supportive role in helping the Accounting Technical Services team provide these tailored sessions.
The Financial Reporting Training Senior Manager will be part of a team that collaborates well to successfully support colleagues and will be responsible for:
- Liaising with the firm’s Audit Quality Team and Accounting Technical Services team to identify financial reporting areas that are poorly understood by members of audit teams.
- Responding to requests for financial reporting training courses from other service lines such Accounting and Outsourcing and Financial Advisory Services.
- Creating courses, from inception to delivery: identifying the audience (including grade of attendees), determining the mode of delivery (virtual platform and/or face to face training), writing the materials (including pre-course materials and post-course assessments), arranging the dates and locations of delivery and finally presenting the courses.
- Responding to requests for assistance from Accounting Technical Services with the design, contents, preparation and delivery of bespoke courses for clients.
- Contributing to the preparation of the annual Financial Reporting Training Plan by working collaboratively with the Professional and Development Team to ensure the financial reporting training offering complements the audit technical training plan.
- Assisting with planning and organisation of the annual Financial Reporting Conference by arranging internal and external speakers and liaising with the Meetings and Events Team for logistics.
- Assisting with the growth of the Financial Reporting Training team by identifying staff of the requisite calibre to contribute to and facilitate with training courses.
- Training and developing team members as the Financial Reporting Training team grows.
- Researching and exploring new communication tools to provide a variety of delivery methods for training that will improve audience reach and engagement with attendees.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
You will have:
- A sound technical understanding from completing your ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) accounting qualification and have robust technical accounting knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP/FRS 102, narrative reporting requirements and UK Company Law.
- Experience of writing and presenting financial reporting courses on advanced more complex topics at university, professional tuition college or professional services firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The confidence to deliver courses to colleagues more senior than yourself and to respond professionally to challenges and queries raised.
- A passion to help others understand highly complex, technical topics with the ability to break them down into more readily understood parts.
- The willingness to travel to Mazars offices around the UK to deliver training courses (within applicable COVID-19 guidelines).
- The confidence to use your own initiative and be self-motivated.
- The ability to prioritise and organise work, with a strong attention to detail.
- A creative flair and strong visual acuity to present written materials in an attractive and engaging manner.
- The willingness to work with new virtual platforms and the initiative to seek out new digital solutions to delivering effective training.
- The ability to work well with others in the team, maintaining high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
Inclusion and DiversityAt Mazars i