The Best Connection (TBC) are seeking to appoint a Training and Development Consultant . The role will be based at our Training Centre in Halesowen West Midlands, with occasional travel to other branches.
The Best Connection is passionate about developing the best people, and has a well-established team who deliver a variety of training including our in house apprenticeship programmes in recruitment practice, business administration and customer service. This is an exciting time as we grow our apprenticeship provision across the business.
As a training and development consultant you will:
Training delivery and Coaching
- Deliver training in line with the lesson plans ensuring learning objectives and timeframes are met
- Coach and mentor employees in achieving their learning aims, implementing interventions if required
- Support assigned learners to ensure they are prepared to complete all relevant training courses and pass apprenticeship qualifications
- Deliver, document and evidence one to one coaching sessions as required by the programme to ensure progress in learning and applied work-based evidence is captured
- Assess employee’s competency against a standard and provide developmental feedback
- Conduct progress review and feedback sessions with employees and their managers
- Work with other People Services Departments to ensure aligned approach to employee support and issue resolution in line with company policies and procedures
Design and develop training solutions
- Scope, design, evaluate and deliver high quality appropriate training and development solutions, working in collaboration with senior leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Provide onboarding and development pathways for core roles and groups
- Ensure apprenticeship delivery is compliant and in line with the Company vision and objectives
- Review and update training programmes to ensure the contend remains relevant and accurate
- Review the L&D and Apprenticeship industries regularly for continuous innovation, ensuring best practice always, maintaining links with professional bodies to ensure the most up-to-date development solutions, compliance, process and practices
- Assess and develop own skills and knowledge and commit to continuous professional development
Key Attributes – Essential
You will be able to prove/ demonstrate:
- Proven experience within a training and development or apprenticeship delivery role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of classroom or virtual delivery
- TAQA ,A1, level 3 or equivalent assessor qualifications
- Proven experience supporting apprentices with maths and English training
- Experience in using E-portfolio / LMS systems and experience building e-learning content
- Proven experience delivering apprenticeship training
Salary: GBP23,500 – GBP26,000 per annum, dependant on skills and experience
Company car after qualifying period
Hours: 40 hours per week between hours of 08.00 – 17.30 with 1 hour for lunch
Holidays: 20 days per year rising to 25 days (pro rata)
Opportunity to achieve the certificate in the principles recruitment practice and ongoing personal development opportunities.
The Best Connection Employment Agency, an Equal Opportunities Employer, was formed in 1991. The company has a network of over 80 branches throughout the UK from which it specialises in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.
With a peaked turnover of GBP296 million in 2015, The Best Connection has consistently ranked in the top five largest suppliers of temporary drivers and temporary industrial staff in Recruitment International’s Top 100 Report.
The SWS Group also consists of: CPA Recruitment Ltd, City Transport Solutions, Bailey Employment Services Ltd, Matrix Training & Development Ltd and FleetMaster