HR Level 3 Support Apprentice (Schools’ Choice) – Ipswich, Suffolk
37.50 hours per week 52 weeks a year
Monday- Friday, 18-24 months fixed term contract
We have an opportunity for HR Level 3 Support Apprentice to join our fast-paced Schools Choice HRiS Team (Part of the Vertas Group) at our Head Office in Ipswich. This is a key role providing full administration support to the HRiS Team and to undertake training towards your apprentice qualification. Apprenticeship Standard: HR Support Level 3.
If you have a passion for HR and delivering excellent customer service and looking for a role that will provide a wide range of HR, payroll and systems experience then please get in contact today.
Main responsibilities for the HR Support Apprentice:
* Follow appropriate processes, systems and procedures when dealing with customer enquiries.
* Accurately generate responses to telephone and written transactions.
* Accurately process HR instructions within agreed SLA
* Updating Operating systems or data bases accurately and in line with the agreed processes and protocols.
* Use initiative to solve problems whilst following policy guidelines.
* Develop appropriate levels of knowledge relevant to service area in order to ensure resolution rates at first point of contact are as high as possible.
* Provide accurate and effective advice and guidance to clients on the interpretation of agreements/directives/policies/procedures.
* Assist in the smooth operation of the service by assisting and supporting others in resolving customer issues, when required.
The HR Support Apprentice will have the following skills:
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to 4 GCSE’s including Maths and English 9-4/A-C or a commitment to undertake Level 2 maths and English
* Computer literate and basic knowledge in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel
* Understanding of the principles of excellent customer service.
* Ability to listen and question effectively to gather appropriate information to resolve customer queries effectively.
* Ability to use initiative to find information from other sources to resolve a problem or situation.
* Willingness to learn and understand policies and procedure documents to provide customer support.
* Good organisational skills and time management skills to work to deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Willing to share and exchange ideas/information with others.
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team to achieve agreed outcomes.
* Flexible and open to change with the ability to adjust behaviour to adapt to new processes, systems, responsibilities or working environment.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
National Apprenticeship Wage
Virtual GP Appointments
Second Medical Opinion
Help to stop smoking
Mental Health Counselling
How to prevent burnout at work
Life Events Counselling
Healthy Living Support including personal exercise and diet plan
Financial Guidance on budgeting and financial education
Legal guidance to simplify and signpost on legal issues or concerns
In addition, we also offer the following to all colleagues:
LifeWorks Discount Scheme
Personal Development Opportunities
Mental Health First Aiders
Annual Colleague Awards