This role is a great opportunity to further enhance your career within IT for a leading charitable organisation.
The National Trust continues to make GBPmulti-million investments to transform our technology capability in support of our cause. That’s no small task when you consider the incredible breadth of what we do. We strive to deliver powerful infrastructural changes with an ambitious technological roadmap. This journey of transformation will deliver phenomenal benefits for our organisation and dramatically enhance how we connect people with our cause. We’ve just put a brand new 10 year IT strategy in place that’s firmly aligned with our business strategy – a strategy which will bring big delivery challenges as well as one huge opportunity for your career.
Your contractual location will be Nexus , however there will be an opportunity to explore and agree remote working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust.
What it’s like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout the building whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable Heelis Community. Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis, there are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you’ll be doing
A technical role model and a valued voice across the Trust, people will look to you for technical expertise in O365 and help with the implementation of innovative solutions. You’ll manage change, whilst establishing best practice, keeping communication levels high and making sure people feel as motivated and inspired as you do. And at the heart of everything you do will be a passion for our cause and a desire to make a positive difference through impactful technology.
You will be responsible for the Development of your Team Members, inspiring them to enhance their knowledge and skills. Provide expert guidance and knowledge on Office 365 and new technologies working closely with the IT Technical Services Manager. You will ensure a consistent approach is followed across the team within your technical stream and that there is cross functional working across IT and the wider National Trust where necessary.
Who we’re looking for
- Technical Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365, specifically Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to manage internal IT, business and supplier stakeholders.
- Proven ITIL background and training to a minimum of v3 Foundation level.
- Systems experience within one or more domains with an understanding of the Information and Integration needs
- Commitment to self-development and be enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies.
- Previous experience of 3rd Line support in an Infrastructure support team
- Experience of working with Cloud Technologies such as Azure and AWS.
- An understanding of Development, Testing and Support Environments
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you’re from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you – and it doesn’t matter if you’re jam first, cream first, or even if you don’t like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.