IT Support/Junior Developer!
Location: Office Based Role in Media City, Manchester
Hours: Mon to Thurs: 9.30am – 6.00pm, Fri: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Based in our Salford Quays office you will have responsibility for providing technical support across the group including our remote employees and those in our head office. You must have a proactive approach and thrive working in a busy sales environment.
You will answer technical queries for the whole team – including troubleshooting immediate problems, as well as helping them to understand how to make better use of technology to do their jobs more efficiently.
What you’ll be doing:
- Pro-actively troubleshooting technical problems experienced by our team – identifying the issue and coaching them through how to fix it.
- Using the helpdesk to respond to staff queries and accurately documenting the resolution.
- Using your knowledge of API’s and Python to integrate data between our website and Salesforce.
- Be pro-active in your approach and be open to contributing ideas in our team discussions.
- Assisting the IT Manager with major internal projects.
- You’re a born tinkerer and a problem solver. You love figuring out the solutions to technical problems.
- You have an intuitive understanding of technology, but you also have the knack of explaining it to people who are less technically minded. You know what questions to ask and can confidently communicate with non-technical team members verbally, in writing and using TeamViewer.
- You don’t necessarily have all the answers, but you know how to find them. Even if facing something you’ve never experienced before, you’ll use a logical approach to work out what’s happening and what needs to be done.
- You’re organised and can prioritise effectively even when demands on your time are being made from different angles.
We use a wide range of systems with a push toward adopting a ‘cloud first’ approach, our current setup including Github, Laravel, Python, PHP, CSS, Salesforce / PropertyBase, APEX, WordPress, and Azure.
- In return, we offer a competitive starting salary at £20,000 plus company benefits.
- We work hard, but we’re rewarded very well.
- You’ll be joining a high-achieving team of enthusiastic, ambitious, talented people. If you’re excited by what we could achieve together we’d love to hear from you.
Typical Application Questions:
- On your first day, a team member contacts you about a problem they’re having with a piece of software you’ve never used before. Describe your thought process and the actions you’d take to help them
- What technical projects have you worked on for fun in your spare time?
- Why do you think you’re a great fit for this role?
- A close, passionate team with an exciting calendar of social events planned throughout the year.
- Comprehensive private medical care (after 1 year), including discounted gym membership, free cinema tickets, free Starbucks and free eye tests. You will also have access to the company pension scheme.
- Outstanding performance is recognised and rewarded in various forms throughout the year, such as bonuses and social events.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our next high flying I.T Support / Junior Developer, then please click ‘Apply’ today!