School ICT Resourcing is recruiting on behalf of a well-established MAT, based in Bradford, which is looking to recruit an experienced IT Technician to work as part of the existing IT team on a temporary full-time basis. The It Technician will be based across five sites, working at each site one day per week.
The successful candidate must have proven skills in installing related software including apps for mobile devices, troubleshooting PC or Server related hardware and software issues. The IT Technician will be required to maintain school computer equipment, install new and existing software across the network, provide technical support for users and resolve identified technical problems.
Role Responsibilities: -_
- Provide first level support and advice to customers and colleagues in respect of hardware, software and networking including installations, configuration and optimisation ensuring the business objectives of the customer are met.
- Provide first line diagnosis, escalation, monitoring and tracking of requests for service, utilising appropriate logging and escalation procedures and systems as required.
- Provide first line support and advice in respect of requests for the acquisition, maintenance and disposal of IT equipment, software and services in accordance with agreed service levels and standards.
- To assist in the provision of advice to colleagues and clients on any matter in which the team is concerned and contribute to the formulation, revision and enforcement of IT standards.
- To work within relevant legislation including Health and Safety at Work Act, Data Protection Act and Computer Misuse Act and to provide advice and guidance to colleagues in relation to internal policies and procedures.
- To identify and respond to faults on the telephone system, seeking external support where the fault requires.
- To assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and to act in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures.
The successful candidate should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to relate well to people on all levels. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
School ICT Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.