An exciting opportunity has arisen in Ellesmere Port for a Logistics Clerk/ Stock controller to join our leading global wholesale distributor client. This is a temporary role paying GBP10.15 per hour. Monday to Friday, this is a temporary contact until January 2022.
Hours of work:
2pm – 10pm
**Drug Screening, DBS and Criminal check will be conducted on all successful candidates**
We have a vacancy within Inventory department for an Inventory / Stock controller to undertake the key responsibilities below;
* Execution of physical inventory cycle counting plan
* Gemba activity to assess warehouse aisles and locations to improve stock accuracy
* Deliver Inventory Records Analysis % (IRA) results to business targets
* Completion of full root cause investigations relating to missing stock queries
* Support reduction of net inventory adjustments GBPvalue
* Maintaining metrics and preparing reports for communication
* SAP data management of materials and warehouse locations e.g. LE quantities / minimum / maximum bin size changes / fixed bin allocation
* Inventory Control improvement project activity to avoid future picking, replenishment and put away processing problems
Other requirements we are looking for;
* Understand departmental goals and contribute to achieving the targets of the team. Escalate issues and always focus on eliminating problems not just fixing issues.
* Participate at Tier 1 meetings following standardology and display full engagement and involvement to your team at all times.
* Join team members and collaborate to meet 5S, TPM and Gemba objectives. Demonstrate passion for HOS by getting involved in site activities and adopting HOS principles and tools e.g. Lean and Six Sigma, 5S audits and work area checklists, scheduled go-&-see activity.
* Good organisational skills and the ability to multitask
* Good communication skills and team working skills are essential.
* Understanding of Microsoft Office Applications and working experience & competence of SAP systems is desirable.