This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in helping to shape the future of McLaren Logistics during a period of rapid and exciting business growth. Reporting directly to the Logistics Operations Senior Manager, you will form part of the Senior Logistics Leadership Team.
You will be fully responsible for managing and defining the operational solution for the Warehouse Operations across 3 sites within Logistics at McLaren Automotive. This encompasses the storage and transfer of product across the two warehouse operations, product available to support the on time in full replenishment of the manufacturing lineside, ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are met, control of stock, and productivity targets are achieved.
The ultimate aim is to deliver the right part, to the right place, at the right time, every time.
Leadership – To lead and motivate the Logistics cross functional teams at all sites. Develop the management team.
3PL – Interaction with key stakeholders within the 3PL business to ensure that Logistics plans are fully integrated and supported. The operational performance is managed real time.
Taking a pro active approach to mitigating and resolving operational risks.
Issue Management – Point of escalation and leading the resolution of systems and process constraints, discussions, and issues. All instances to be reviewed and rectification measures to be applied to prevent re-occurrence
Operational Performance Management and Reporting – Ensure that the warehouse operations are underpinned by appropriate headcount, processes, equipment, systems that offer the most efficient solution and are scalable for future business growth.
To ensure the KPIs are delivered to support daily operations and management of the respective functional areas.
Continuous Improvement – Review operational and systems performance on a frequent basis, identifying and proposing clear recommendations for improvements in operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Inventory Accuracy – To deliver a sustainable improvement in inventory accuracy, engage with team leaders and Group leaders to maintain focus on the key dependencies (transactions and behaviours) to support, enable and drive the improvement.
Future solution design: Capable of assuming a leading role within the cross functional team to develop a robust logistics solution design, project manage the implementation and engage all stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to Degree level
- Extensive warehouse operations and inventory management experience ideally gained with an automotive manufacturer
- Proven leader of teams and change management
- Proven ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority
- Broad understanding of global distribution challenges (legislation etc)
- Experience in analysing and interpreting data
- Proven communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly IT literate (Microsoft applications, SAP etc)
- Experienced in operating at the highest level of 5S.
- Thrives in a fast paced, challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to think strategically whilst ensuring day to day operation objectives are met
- Proactive approach to leadership and influencing
- Passion for coaching and motivating people
- Exceptionally organized with high levels of self motivation
- A flexible approach to working hours and practice
- Ability to maintain the very highest levels of attention to detail even when under pressure
- Professional at all times
- Able to multi-task
- Dynamic, with the ability to respond to challenging situations in an innovative manner