We are currently recruiting for a Logistics Operative to join our facilities team in Porton Down, Salisbury.
The working hours are 8am – 4.30pm Monday -Thursday with a 4pm finish on a Friday. There is a requirement for applicants to pass SC clearance.
To provide a professional and effective delivery and collection service in support of the contract’s logistics operation. Duties are across all of the contract’s sites, to and from multiple locations, utilising the appropriate manual handling equipment to effect the most efficient service.
- Coordinate all mail handling operations within the site, including receiving, sorting and distributing all incoming and internal mail and despatching all outgoing mail. In addition, ensure collection, receipt and onward delivery of recorded and registered mail and other couriered items as appropriate
- Coordinate delivery and collection of parcels, packages, goods and other miscellaneous items to and from multiple site locations, including recording such items for future use, disposal and/or safe storage
- Collection of confirmation of delivery / receipt of such goods in accordance with written instructions
- Collection and delivery of analytical samples (including, but not limited to, used and un-used air samples, Beryllium smears, wound swabs, nose blows, urine and faecal samples), calibration equipment and ad hoc items to and from the contract’s sites.
- Demonstrate the safe operation of forklift trucks, electric-reach trucks and hand operated pallet trucks, flatbed trucks, tail-lift vehicles, vans and stairwalkers if trained to do so
- Conduct all work tasks in a safe, secure and clean manner, ensuring that contract and site rules and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Conduct general house-keeping tasks including up-keep of the contact’s facilities, stores, yards and buildings
- Communicate with customers face-to-face and/or over the telephone to ensure a professional and polite service delivery
- Whilst specific qualifications are not required for this position, an understanding of the facilities services industry would be advantageous
- It is highly beneficial for candidates to be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a logistics and customer-facing environment
- An appreciation of health and safety in the workplace would put the candidate at a distinct advantage
- The post holder will be articulate and possess excellent communication skills. They will be able to display an ability to communicate to staff, colleagues and customers at all levels.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate a capacity to work well within a team and show resilience when working under pressure
- The candidate will be adaptable and flexible and have a customer-focused approach to work
- Must hold a full, clean driving licence
- Must gain and maintain full DV security clearance
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Auto Enrol Pension
- Over time
- Further flexible benefits