About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing an innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, and real estate practices.
With 69 offices across 34 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Our FSDI (Financial Services Disputes & Investigations) team in Litigation undertake portfolios of lower value but high importance claims and high value claims on behalf of clients specifically within the Financial Services Sector. We work as a national team across our offices in Birmingham, Leeds Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff and London. Volumes of litigation claims have been growing such that we are looking for an experienced operations specialist who understands the litigation process and requirements of large financial institutions to support the team in the management and oversight of our litigation portfolios across several offices. The successful candidate would ideally be based in Birmingham or Manchester as the relevant projects are led from these locations but we are open minded about the right candidate working from one of our other offices and working flexibly to a workable extent.
As part of this role you can expect to be involved in:
- Support the litigation process around large volumes of small claims for FSDI
- Operational management of strategically important portfolios of litigation for key banking clients, working closely alongside the lead partners in a rapidly developing environment with changing strategies for handling the litigation
- End to end process responsibility to include case in-take, data capture, handling process in line with framework agreement, monthly MI delivery and closure
- Candidate to bring experience to achieve process improvements, better analytics of portfolio and effective use of technology to streamline activities
- Regular client contact to include attendance at operational review meetings and influence of client processes and interaction with our team
- Optimisation of resource and driving improved and effective communication of expectations and monitoring of performance
- Management of team contract periods for fixed-term staff to align to the changing needs of the project
Minimum Skills & Experience:
- You will have a strong understanding of the Litigation process within a law practice
- You will have strong experience in operational management
- It is not necessary to be a qualified solicitor as the operations experience is the key focus
At Eversheds Sutherland, we recognise that having diverse talent across our business brings many benefits, and we are committed to accessing a wide range of views and thinking in all that we do. A culture of inclusion, where each person feels able to be their true self at work and reach their full potential is key. We recognise that bringing together the perspectives of individuals of all backgrounds, life experiences, preferences and beliefs is critical if we are to serve our global client base, people and communities as a leading global legal practice.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to enable participation in the recruitment process, please contact us so that we can discuss how to best to assist.
We are open to considering flexible working options for our vacancies. Whilst we are not able to offer flexible working across all of our roles, many of our people work flexibly in some way, and we would encourage you to talk to us about this during the hiring process if you would like to explore further.
We are an LGBT+ inclusive employer and are Stonewall Corporate Champions.