Role: Procurement Manager (Network Build)
Type: 12 month FTC
Location: Reading based + home working
MBNL’s Commercial team manage a large number of strategic suppliers providing anything from Managed Services, Network Equipment, Transmission, Information Technology and management of power and property suppliers.
You will be responsible for functional sourcing management across set commodities, specifically around ADC suppliers and other T&A projects. Providing commercial support to MBNLs business and project teams to ensure budgetary compliance, negotiate pricing and identifying savings opportunities. You will set up new framework agreements and statements of work as well as managing contract changes under our existing framework agreements.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Ensure the appropriate Frame Agreement and Statement of Works (SoW) templates are used
- Conduct commercial review for each Frame Agreement and SoW to mitigate and manage commercial risks
- Work with MBNL’s technical/project teams to lead commercial reviews and create/lead competitive processes
- Create tenders and lead commercial negotiations using established commercial processes and ensuring you represent the strategic requirements of MBNL and its shareholders
- Draft and award supplier contracts with support from MBNL Legal and external legal outsource supplier, as required
- Report issues and opportunities in a timely manner and manage risk appropriately
- Take ownership of resolution of contractual disputes
- Ensure contractual governance/approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of negotiating contracts
- Good understanding of contract law
- Significant Supplier & Contract management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.