Salary: GBP39,748 per annum
Grade: UKRI E
Contract Type: Maternity cover for 14 months
Hours: Full Time
Location: Polaris House Swindon/Hybrid Working
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
Interview date: TBC
UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) is building a single unifying website that meets users’ needs, and provides an efficient, informative and inspiring user journey, reflecting the ambition and scale of UKRI. The single website project is replacing the existing nine councils’ websites and the UKRI interim website with a new single UKRI website ensuring the user experience of transition is non-disruptive, creating content workflows and standards appropriate to UKRI. We are hiring for an enthusiastic, collaborative Senior Content Designer to join the web intranet team to support this project.
Your role will be to build, review, develop and update content for transition to the single website. After the project phase formally ends you will be working on the continuous improvement of content working with subject matter experts to iterate and ensure it continues to meet user needs.
You will be part of the web team working on the new and improved website service and will work closely with product, user experience and technical team members, ensuring a simple and intuitive journey for each type of user. You will also have the opportunity to support, coach, mentor and train other designers, helping set and communicate good practice to improve quality and consistency across UKRI’s transformation programmes
- You have experience in user-centred content design and excellent written communication skills
- You put the user first – using research insights evidence in your work to clearly explaining how and why decisions have been made.
- You can negotiate with stakeholders and manage relationships effectively.
- You can with the implementation of content strategies, evaluating their impact and progress to make sure business objectives and the needs of users are being met.
- Preferably hold a degree in a related subject and/or equivalent relevant experience.
What we can offer
UK Research and Innovation offers a benefits package designed to provide an excellent work/life balance. This includes 30 days’ annual leave plus 10.5 public and privilege days, flexible working hours, an outstanding defined benefit pension scheme, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.