Our mission is simple??? to help the world love Mondays!
We are working with the Civil Nuclear Constabulary and are looking for a permanent Procurement Specialist to join the team, in Abingdon.
Salary c. GBP35,183 – GBP43,000 (dependent on experience) per annum and generous benefits package.
The Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC) is an armed police service that’s dedicated to the nuclear industry.
The fundamental requirement of this role is to provide ongoing senior Level, professional cover (requiring MCIPS Qualification) for both Head of Procurement & Estates and the Senior Contracts Officer in a broad range of matters related to procurement.
The professionally qualified role holder (MCIPS) is required to identify, scope, evaluate, award and implement a broad range of contracts on behalf of the Police Authority and Constabulary. The principal focus is on helping stakeholders to realise their needs in a timely and compliant manner through providing professional advice and support in a specialist field of work.
- Professional management, end-to-end, of key tenders to ensure compliance with due process. This will include scoping requirements, production of evaluation schemes, evaluating tender returns and award of contracts. Oversee this work undertaken by other procurement professionals.
- Ensure that non-pay/salary related spend satisfies the Government’s requirement of Value-for-Money and meets the appropriate standards in terms of openness, probity, propriety and control.
- Participate in and when needed take responsibility for the delivery of strategic CNC projects; this will include membership of project boards and teams.
- Provide proactive support and expertise to Project Managers and handle the contractual/procurement aspects of projects. Provide expertise and support to successfully manage, plan, negotiate, evaluate and deliver projects in line with organisational expectations.
- Evolution of the Constabulary’s commercial terms and conditions, policies and working practices.
- Enforcement of CNC’s commercial terms with contractors.
- Take responsibility for health & safety, security compliance within the tender / procurement process.
- Take ownership of risks associated with procurement and work proactively to identify risk and ensure that they are managed within the organisation’s risk management framework.
What you need to be successful:
- Professional Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply MCIPS Professional Qualification.
- Experience of commercial and public sector procurement and general business issues
- Experience and understanding of the procurement of goods and services.
- Experience of developing successful strategies providing professional guidance to organisations and stakeholders
- Experience of successfully negotiating and managing contracts with a working understanding of contract law.
- Relevant contracts experience dealing with non-standard requirements.
- Experience of managing modern contract forms under EU procurement legislation/regulations.
- Ability to monitor and review service level and framework agreements.
- Ability to prepare and produce necessary supporting documentation appertaining to contracts, service-level agreements and framework documentation.
- The capacity to balance competing work pressures.
- Excellent organisational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
If you have the skillset to be successful, apply now and join us in loving Mondays!