PURCHASING AND STOCK CONTROL MANAGER
Rotolok is a global market leader in rotary valves and valve technologies for the powder processing and bulk handling industries. We understand our customers need high quality, reliable components that give outstanding value over their long life and we have therefore aligned our business around “exceeding all of our customers’ expectations”.
We are looking to recruit a Purchasing and Stock Control Manager based in Tiverton. The hours of work are 39 hours per week to be worked: Monday to Thursday – 8 am to 4.30 pm and Friday – 8 am to 3.30 pm.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of working in an engineering and manufacturing environment undertaking a similar role.
Candidates will need to be confident in the use of Microsoft Office and knowledge and experience of using SAGE would be of great advantage. You should possess good negotiation and analytical skills, and be able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing and stock control activities.
* Lead, develop and motivate the purchasing team.
* Build and maintain good relationships with existing and new suppliers.
* Negotiate with suppliers to provide quality goods at best prices.
* Source new suppliers when needed and negotiate favourable terms of business.
* Raise purchase order documentation.
* Manage supplier performance, tracking orders from placement through to delivery.
* Monitor stock levels, ensuring that there is an adequate supply of materials.
* Change reorder levels / reorder quantities in line with demand fluctuations.
* Coordinate perpetual inventory stock counts ensuring SAGE system accuracy.
* Identify and understand the root cause of any stock anomalies.
To succeed in this role, you will be a team player, self-motivated with a desire to set high standards of work performance for yourself and your team.
You will need to have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills together with a positive attitude.
For this role we offer:
* A competitive salary
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* 22 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
* Life Insurance Scheme (after qualifying period)
* Employee Benefits Scheme
We encourage early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if suitable candidates are found.
CLOSING DATE: 17 SEPTEMBER 2021