We are seeking an outgoing, organised person with great people skills to begin a career in Purchasing and develop over a number of years, eventually stepping into a senior Purchasing Management role within the company. No previous experience in purchasing is required, but we are seeking somebody who has some experience within manufacturing/engineering sectors and is serious about undertaking a long-term career opportunity???
This is a full-time, permanent position working from 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 2:30pm each Friday and is based in Thetford, Norfolk. Offering a salary of GBP20,000 – GBP25,000 per annum depending on experience, which will be reviewed in line with progression within the role.
The Company / Team
Our client is a well-established manufacturing company who design, manufacture, and install equipment for the building services market. They are a friendly company with good staff retention rates and around 130 members of staff based across two sites in Thetford.
Within this growing role you will initially be supporting the Purchasing Manager, learning the job from the ground up and developing your skills and knowledge of purchasing as you go. There may also be the opportunity to undertake training courses relevant to the role.
The job will initially involve learning the very basic aspects of the Purchasing and Stock Control department, first by assisting in managing product data and inventory on the purchasing system, creating purchasing reports, communicating with other departments, dealing with stock and purchasing queries and undertaking administration support for the department.
Ultimately, you’ll work closely with the company’s suppliers, ordering everything the company needs from sheet metal and machines for their factory, down to lightbulbs and car insurance, plus everything in-between!
Initial duties and responsibilities include:
* Develop strong working relationships with suppliers
* Track orders and ensure timely delivery
* Monitor stock levels by means of re-order reports and place orders as required
* Enter new parts into the system as required
* Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of material
* Liaise with customer services, internal sales and scheduling to keep abreast of Projects
* Ensuring supplier invoice details reconcile to purchase order
* Review reorder levels as and when required
* Conduct administrative and support activities as and when requested
No previous purchasing experience but we are seeking somebody who has some experience within manufacturing/engineering sectors. We will also be looking for the following:
* Good administrative capabilities – correct spelling and grammar with a highly accurate attention to detail
* Excellent people skills and interpersonal skills – the ability to forge and maintain strong working relationships with people of all backgrounds and levels of seniority
* A strong team player attitude with clear, polite, friendly, professional communication skills
* Calm unflustered nature – takes things in stride, has a strong common-sense led approach
* Ability to prioritise own workload and multi-task
* A genuine desire to learn and train on the job, staying within one company for a considerable period of time
* Serious about applying yourself to learning and developing a career within purchasing
* The ability to be clear and methodical in your work even when working in a busy environment.
* Exceptional organisational abilities
* Strong IT skills
Salary & Hours
This is a permanent, employed opportunity working full-time hours (Monday to Thursday 8:30 – 17:00 & 8:30 – 14:15 each Friday with one hour for lunch each day, slightly less on Fridays). There is a competitive starting salary (between GBP20,000 – GBP25,000 dependent on transferrable skills and experience) which will be reviewed regularly in line with progress and development within the role.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply to Kate Howes through our website or alternatively via CV Library.
Feedback & How We Treat Your Data
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter as well as Instagram to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news