GBP30k-GBP35k per annum
*MUST drive due to the location of the business
Benefits: a long-term rewarding career, progression opportunities, 20 days’ holiday + bank holidays, Company Pension, free on-site parking, close at Christmas, gym discounts and a great working environment within a friendly team.
My client, a successful technology business based in Chelmsford, is seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their growing team.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing and implementing improvements to the purchasing strategy for the business, including the current processes and procedures.
- Ensuring all products have been put into the system accurately with the correct pricing.
- Developing and maintaining a relationship with the supply chain to ensure you get the best value from the suppliers, by paying the best price, receiving the best quality, and getting a great delivery speed.
- Being accountable for the annual targets and goals across cost, quality, reliability, and delivery.
- Ensuring a minimum stock level is maintained to enable the sales process to be managed effectively.
- Evaluating and monitoring contracts to be sure that suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the contracts, and to recognise if there are any changes to be made.
- Maintaining and reviewing records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories
- Being the main point of contact for all buying decisions across the group
- Managing your time to achieve the key performance indicators for the role.
- Appraising own performance and contributing towards own development of the knowledge & skills required to achieve results.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing short/long term tasks.
- Have a real passion for learning and applying skills to deliver business results.
- Be either C.I.P.S qualified or working towards.
- Have strong analytical skills, ability to connect the dots and excellent attention to detail.
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.