An exciting opportunity for a registered nurse has become available in Ewhurst, Surrey
Our client operates a highly regarded 36-bed nursing home set in the peaceful Surrey village of Ewhurst, renowned for the quality of bespoke nursing and respite care.
Salary: GBP17-GBP20 per hour
Shifts: Range of shifts available, days or nights, part or full time
Main duties will include:
* Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programs of care. With a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Program Approach are met in a timely manner.
* Ensure that all Staff contribute to the efficient running of the Home and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the residents.
* Report any ill health amongst residents and make requests for GP visits where necessary.
* To support empowerment of residents having regard for their dignity, rights and advice, whilst maintaining professional responsibility for individuals in our care.
* Ensure that individual care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with residents, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines.
* To participate in the planning, delivery and evaluation of specific therapeutic interventions.
* Assess residents in all aspects of their care needs to provide health supervision and attention through direct Nursing Care when needed.
* Assist social and health care needs of new residents to maintain on-going assessment and review of all other Patients.
* Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by the Matron.
* To support the development of the process and practices of Active Care, Recovery and rehabilitation.
* Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the company’s procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
* A degree in Nursing, or equivalent if trained overseas
* Registration with the NMC, or registration with equivalent body in home country if trained overseas
* Experience of working in a nursing home
* Understanding of the latest nursing practices.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
* Knowledge of the statutory CQC requirements associated with care.
* Excellent communication both written and verbal.
* Good time management skills.
* A strong customer focus.
* A flexible approach to working hours
Salary: GBP17-GBP20 per hour, depending on experience