Job Title: Sales & Purchase Ledger Clerk
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: GBP21,000 – GBP23,000 per annum, Dependant on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier’s liability, road traffic accidents, employer’s liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence. We pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel.
Our employees are our most important asset and have been instrumental in helping us recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. No doubt at Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else and our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated person to manage the sales and purchase ledger accounts for the business. The successful candidate must possess solid working knowledge of Sage 50 accounting software, together with strong Microsoft Excel skills (vLookup, Pivot Tables, PowerQuery etc.).
You will be working as part of a five-strong Finance team, reporting to the Finance Manager.
- The administration of the customer and supplier ledgers, including importing invoices, posting receipts and processing payments
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Raising and posting sales and purchase credit notes
- Daily banking functions including bank reconciliations
- Importing bank payments onto online banking software
- Supplier statement reconciliations using Excel
- Liaising with internal staff regarding accounting transaction queries
- Other duties as may be required by the firm
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Sound experience in sales and purchase ledger
- Computer literacy
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Have good numeracy skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work and manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- A willing and able attitude
- Related qualification (e.g. AAT) or degree an advantage
- Trained in the principles of book-keeping
- Excellent regular training including away days.
- Strong development opportunities and regular supervision.
- Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday – Thursday and 8:30am to 4.30pm Friday
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period.
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years’ service
- Death in Service – 2 x salary based on annual salary only – eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, the firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion.
- Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more.
- Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
Please note: Interviews will be conducted by MS Teams or Telephone and will include scenario-based questioning.
Please note: no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must already be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Legal Business Support, Junior Paralegal, Legal Support Assistant, Legal Administrator, Legal Support Assistant and Legal Aid, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Admin may also be considered for this role.