Senior Application Support Analyst
The Senior Application Support Analyst will join the Applications and Platforms team, providing support for and maintaining core line of business applications within the Group to agreed Service Level Guidelines (SLGs) as well as keeping documentation about the Applications updated.
The chosen candidate will be expected to handle complex incidents and requests across a wide variety of applications within the Applications & Platforms portfolio. The role is business & candidate facing and the candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and understand the importance and criticality of incidents based on business impact.
The Senior Application Support analyst will also be responsible for assisting Support Analysts to troubleshoot incidents they are unable to resolve along with providing a resolution that the requester is happy with. In addition, the Senior Support Analyst will be instrumental in identifying Problems and working with our Application Management, Development teams & vendor partners to resolve these.
When new releases are scheduled to our Applications, the Senior Support Analyst should ensure that they are familiar with the new functionality, that likely support outcomes are documented and that the wider Support team are also trained.
Travel to UK wide offices may be required. Flexibility is required on working hours as most of our application upgrades & maintenance need to take place outside office hours.
* Putting the customer’s experience at the heart of the work you do. Communicating in a professional, calm, reassuring and courteous way
* Provide second line support for our Application & Platforms on a day-to-day basis, making and aiding the resolution of incidents in line with Service Level Guidelines. Ensure that details of the incident are correctly logged & categorised in the service management application, that Incident parent tickets are created and subsequent child tickets are attached to the parent, and that the person raising the incident is happy with the resolution. The senior application support analyst will work with the support analysts as a point of escalation to assist in the resolution of incidents.
* Resolve Service Requests including, but not limited to creating & deleting users & changing user permissions. Ensure that requests are correctly logged & categorised in the service management application and the person raising the request is happy with the resolution.
* Ensure that the service management application is always up to date with new information about workarounds in place where there is a bug with an application and that user guides & knowledge articles are always up to date.
* Providing ad-hoc training and upskilling opportunities for Support Analysts. Building simple training material.
* Identify areas of high-volume tickets and work with the Application Analysts to determine and fix the root cause, to reduce ticket volumes. Ensure Problem tickets are correctly logged in the service management application.
* Support the access control audit process, working with key business stakeholders to ensure that only the people working in the system have access to the platforms at the level required to do their job.
* Ensure that tickets which can’t be fixed by Application Support are escalated to Application Analysts, Senior Application Managers, our Development teams and vendor partners where appropriate. Ensure that complaints and escalations are passed to the Application Support Manager for prompt resolution.
* Support the testing of new software releases and projects as required.
* Prepare draft communications about new releases & functionality for communication to Application users.
* Identify & share ideas for how the Applications or Support Service can be improved with Application Management team members for prioritisation.
* Running daily team meetings (stand-ups) to discuss support priorities in the absence of the Application Support Manager
* Any other activities assigned to you to support the delivery of Group Delivery Services objectives.
Essential Key Skills
* Minimum of 4 years’ experience providing either application or service desk support.
* Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Ability to problem solve.
* Demonstrated understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) principles
* Experience of using ServiceNow or a comparable software.
* Use of Confluence & JIRA
* Understanding of Agile
* Experience supporting a CRM platform.
* Understanding of Integrations / API connectivity
* Experience in the Healthcare & Lifesciences sector
* A highly motivated and enthusiastic team member
* Ability to work autonomously or within a team.
* Well organised, and able to manage workload effectively, involving other where help is needed.
* Goes above and beyond to get the job done