Supply Chain Planner
Bolton, with some business travel in the UK
GBP24,000 – GBP27,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a thriving distribution business in the Bolton area as a Supply Chain Planner.
This is a busy Supply Chain role working in a fast-paced environment for a business that has continued to expand and go from strength to strength!
Your Key Responsibilities in this Supply Chain Planner role will include:
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers across Europe and the Far East
- Arranging shipping for inbound logistics
- Managing suppliers and expediting deliveries
- Forecasting customer demand and managing inventory levels to ensure stock availability for customers
- Resolving day to day supply chain issues and supporting with ongoing SRM
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced supply chain role, ideally in a distribution environment
- Proven track record of managing inventory and forecasting demand
- Confidence to negotiate with suppliers on delivery terms and stock
- Good MS Excel skills (Intermediate level with working knowledge of pivot tables and vlookups)
- High attention to detail and good organisation skills
The successful candidate should be willing and able to undertake regular business travel (UK only) and will also be able to take advantage of regular home working.
Our client is a thriving distribution business based in the Bolton area that has seen continued success and strong performance. The successful candidate will be part of an established team and will have the chance to work for a business that fosters an informal, sociable culture and a great working environment in a smart, modern office.
GBP24,000 – GBP27,000
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit