Technical Support Analyst (1st Line / 2nd Line, SaaS, Jira)
GBP30,000 to GBP35,000
Based in Northampton – 4 Days Remote Working / 1 Day Office Working
Please note – Your primary operating hours will be Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30, and you will be expected to operate on rotation to cover Saturdays duty shifts, and on rotation to cover on-call support for out-of-hours 24/7/365.
Client – A privately-owned Software as a Service company specialising in Incident Management, Crisis Communications and Threat Management software that delivers trusted security and safety platforms to some of the UK’s largest organisations, government and SME customers.
Role – This is a hands-on role that will suit an experienced Support/Service Desk operative who is well versed in the modern age of software-as-a-service provision. You will be part of a growing team and an exciting product, and will need to provide 1st/2nd line expertise in problem solving, follow processes, adhere to SLA performance, and instil confidence and reassurance in their customers.
A close and co-operative relationship with Product Managers, Account Managers, Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers, as well as Customers, is key to the success of this role. You will also need to competently liaise with their hosting infrastructure providers (Rackspace and AWS), as well as Customer representatives and stakeholders.
* A high level of drive and a want to succeed and improve. A passion and know-how for technology and use of SaaS products and IT; as well as a passion for problem-solving, a high level of diligence and personal pride in achieving objectives.
* Ideally you will have 3 or more years in support/service desk provision of an SaaS product or cloud-based software.
* You will ideally be ITIL certified and be experienced in using Jira as the Service Desk ticketing tool.
* You will have excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and be experienced in conversing with customers in a friendly, patient and reassuring manner.
* You will be able and willing to be hands-on with tickets and support requests, as well as be able to accurately take down, replicate and document problems or requirements that are conveyed to you.
* You will be interacting with internal colleagues where technical expertise to resolve requirements is required and strong communication skills and professionalism is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an exciting SaaS company going through a very strong growth stage having recently secured major contracts. There will be a two-stage interview process for successful applicants