Technical Support Manager
Location: Glasgow. G33 4EN
Salary: IRO GBP35-38K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Red Mosquito Ltd; we are recruiting and we want you!
We are Managed Service Providers and IT support specialists providing services to SMEs throughout the United Kingdom.
We do all the technical stuff, properly, allowing our customers to concentrate on their business!
We were founded back in 1999 and since then we have seen a lot of changes in the IT industry, from the outset our founders shared an excitement for new technology, at a time when SMEs were just starting to make use of the internet!
We are now recruiting for a Technical Support Manager to assume responsibility for management of our busy Service Desk and to help our team to deliver our top-quality customer service.
Red Mosquito is certified to both ISO 9001 and ISO 27001. As part of our team, you must have a passion for IT as well as a friendly and approachable manner in order to build relationships and assist in the delivery of high-quality services to our client base. One of the most important areas of the role is effective communication with both customers and staff and being a champion for driving high levels of customer service. Setting customer expectations and meeting those expectations is essential and, with many things happening at the same time, being able to organise and prioritise in a fast-paced service desk environment is key. There may be situations where several actions are required to solve a problem for a single customer so you will need to be able to create a detailed support plan and drive implementation to successful completion, ensuring high levels of pro-active communication internally and externally as you go.
Using our software tools you will monitor and report on the number and type of support tickets coming into the business to identify trends, be an escalation point for colleagues dealing with 1st/2nd line issues and ensure that all tickets are closed in an appropriate timescale, addressing any operational issues as they arise.
As our Technical Support Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Managing the Service Desk team members providing operational support to the technicians to enable them to fulfil their roles.
• Monitor and manage the end-to-end delivery of our IT services making sure they remain in scope, on time and on budget.
• Develop and promote standardised ways of working across all service desk team members.
• Work with the Technical Director to Identify areas where we can improve the delivery of our services and to aid in the roll-out of new services.
• Manage the development of our technical records for each customer and champion their effective maintenance.
• Serve as an escalation point for the 1st and 2nd line technicians in the Service Desk team ensuring that all escalated tickets are picked up by staff with appropriate skill-sets.
• Enforce standardised service delivery methodologies, processes, and tools.
• Provide operational leadership and direction to the Service Desk team members.
• Oversee delivery of Server and Disaster Recovery system maintenance and monitoring to ensure our managed services are effectively maintained.
Skills / Experience preferred (training will be given):
Ideally with an IT related degree or industry qualification you will have experience in a service desk related role managing small teams and a good understanding of ITIL principles and IT service delivery.
A people person, you will be an excellent communicator with a proven ability in managing teams, and experience of developing team members. Good relationships with staff in the team will be critical to your success.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will have experience of identifying and delivering service improvements,
and of providing a key point of contact between an IT Service Desk and its’ customers and assisting with the service delivery aspects of existing or new services.
With working knowledge of operating within an outsourced environment you will be commercially aware and very customer-focused.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please