Training Programme Manager
Salary circa GBP30k, full or part-time
Purpose of role
Dingley’s Promise has worked to give children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) the best start since 1983. In recent years, through our training programme, we have helped mainstream Early Years settings, schools and Local Authorities to improve their support and include children with SEND. Our courses include an accredited Level 3 Certificate in Early Years Inclusive Practice and unaccredited, fully flexible online learning courses.
The Training Programme Manager is a new post which will lead and develop our national training offer to grow further. Our ambition is to reach over 30,000 learners by 2026. The Training Programme Manager will manage the training programme, oversee course development, implement structures and processes to ensure the programme grows and impacts benefits an increased number of children across the UK.
Staff Supervised: Training Development Lead, Programme Administrator, externally contracted trainers and assessors
Hours: Full or part time hours considered
Salary: Circa GBP30,000 FTE per annum depending on experience
Annual Leave: 32 days per year (which includes national holidays) pro rata
DBS Check required: Enhanced with Barring list update
Location: This is a home-based role, involving regular travel within Berkshire and with national/regional travel as required
Job Role of the Training Programme Manager
1. Manage the development and delivery of the training programme. Set delivery targets to ensure that the programme grows and reaches more children across the UK.
2. Design and implement a robust system to remotely deliver training, coordinate and tack learner progress whilst evaluating course and participant feedback to continuously improve the training offer.
3. Maintain accurate records and provide statistical information required to assist delivery and regular KPI reporting to the Board and funding partners.
4. Work alongside the Communications Team to lead the marketing of the training programme and ensure an active learner pipeline.
5. Implement a cycle of quality control of all training, course content, delivery and materials.
6. Management of the training budget income and expenditure, preparing reports for externally funders as required.
7. Team management of the Training Development Lead, Programme Administrator, all consultant trainers and assessors.
8. Lead on the relationship with AML (training delivery partner), hold standardisation meetings, attend regular management meetings to update on processes and ensure quality of service is maintained.
9. Keep up to date with national standards and implement the required changes, as well as emerging trends and technologies related to learning and use these to drive innovations within our programme.
10. Oversee the learning & development practices and processes within Dingley’s Promise to support the continued professional development of our team.
11. Provide support and guidance to the Programmes Director, Chief Executive and Training Committee.
12. Work in partnership with other organisations, representing Dingley’s Promise at external events, meetings, online and in person.
Person Specification for the Training Programme Manager
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience in delivering online and face to face training
Logical and structured approach to your workload. Ability to manage a remote team and work independently.
Ability to provide a high standard of customer service and build positive working relationships with a number of different stakeholders.
Experience of Customer Relationship Management systems
A good team-player, with the ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve team goals, meet and report on targets.
A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Proven ability to work independently, prioritise workload effectively and meet deadlines.
Proficient in Microsoft office 365 (Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
A can-do attitude, able to find creative solutions to challenges.
2 years + previous experience in a Learning and Development role
Experience in a training and development
Successful track record of delivering external training to clients – working across the full training life cycle from training needs analysis to delivery and evaluation.
Organisational Learning & Development experience
People Management experience of managing a small team
Leading the implementation of new IT systems
Knowledge of / implementation experience with Learning Management Systems/ training delivery software