We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Management Accountant to our team based in Slough. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary of £28,000 – £33,000 per annum.
Here at Furniture Village, we have built a hugely successful retail business with a winning environment to work in, and we are delighted to have won Best Retail Family Business of the Year! We are caring, passionate, honest people who go the extra mile and make brave decisions to ensure our customers are always delighted with our service.
About the Warehouse Management Accountant role:
You will report to the Group Management Accountant and perform the monthly management accounts for the warehouse and distribution function, including related reporting.
Key Responsibilities and results of our Warehouse Management Accountant:
- Monthly Flash and Management accounts completion of Warehouse and Distribution costs
- Monthly Efficiency Analysis Reporting
- Maintenance of live efficiency tool for use by all distribution centre’s
- Key Finance contact for all senior warehouse and distribution personnel. This element could include travel to some of our distribution centre’s for training or monthly cost reviews so a full driving licence and own car would be preferable.
- Annual Budgeting and forecasting for Warehouse and Distribution costs
- Commit to training to become a qualified accountant.
Key skills and attributes we are looking for in our Warehouse Management Accountant:
- The candidate must be part qualified (either ACCA or CIMA) with at least a year’s work experience in a finance department.
- Ideal qualifications would be a university graduate with a good standard (2:1 or above) relevant degree and good A-Level results.
- Non-graduate candidates will also be considered where they have a proven record working in the industry, and excellent academics.
- IT/PC proficient with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Keen, being eager to learn and committed to becoming a qualified accountant, requiring considerable study outside of work.
- Self-starter, able to both take direction and initiative.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Able to work in a demanding environment with high expectations.
- A team player who will work with the other members of the team to achieve common objectives.
- High level of analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Willing to learn and also to challenge methods in which processes are currently performed.
If you feel you have what it takes to be our Warehouse Management Accountant then click “apply” today, we look forward to hearing from you!
Furniture Village is an equal opportunities employer, and all offers of employment are made solely on merit